Friday, April 25, 2008

What is this made of? Vampire Skin??

I stopped at Hill Country Weavers yesterday to pick up a special order and make a return, vowing to not even browse. Alas, there was a huge influx in the sale area, so how could I resist? I spotted some discounted Rowan yarn called Holiday that I'd never seen before and thought it might rescue me from swatch hell on my simple shrug (more on this saga later). It was a lovely, drapey tape with a bit more bulk than a pure cotton because it was a blend. There were several balls in a selection of hues, including a lovely periwinkle. I almost bought them, until it occurred to me to check the care instructions:

Hand wash. Do not soak. Do not wring.

Lay flat to dry, out of direct sunlight.

Whaaat? The yarn was made of cotton, polyester, and viscose. I'm not sure what that last one is, but if it entails this much insanity, no thank you. I have both a life and a dog, which makes it impossible for me to be that careful with my garments.

No comments: