Friday, May 16, 2008

y@rn pr0n

Every First Thursday, Hill Country Weavers features a fantastic sale to go along with all the other fun that takes place down on South Congress. I discovered this by chance in April and came prepared in May. My big splurge item was a totally random hank of Road to China yarn by The Fibre Company. Before walking past this particular corner of the yarn shop, I'd never heard of the company, let alone this specific line, but I was really digging into HCW's stock during the visit, trying to make the most of the sale. I was instantly mesmerized by the Lapis colorway. It's a deep turquoise yarn with a bright garnet halo. Unbelievable. And of course it's incredibly soft, being a blend of camel, cashmere, alpaca, soy and yak. (Yak?!) Alpaca was a dominant fiber, however, qualifying the yarn for the sale. And The Fibre Company handily provided a single-hank pattern for fingerless mitts. I was sold!

No comments: