Tuesday, May 6, 2008

And Then There Was One...

And then there was one...In the beginning, I had two yarn needles. Then Starla made some of her personalized alternations to the needle on the left this past weekend. By the time I caught her trying to act extra sneaky (which is always a sign of guilt with her), that sad little squiggle was all that remained. All I can assume is that she ate the rest of it. (Fortunately no signs of gastric distress.) I must've knocked it on the floor somehow. And I know the rule -- whatever's on the floor belongs to the dog. I just can't figure out how it got there because I am very careful, knowing Starla will go after anything crunchy or chewy like this. Nick worries that it was on my desk under the computer monitor where I last remember putting it down and that Starla just develops opposable thumbs and an unstoppable appetite for plastic when I leave the room. If that's the case, we're all in deep trouble.

No comments: